Talk

Advanced search

co-sleepers- where can I buy bed guards that fit on a double bed?

(13 Posts)
kauto Fri 02-May-08 12:58:49

I need to buy a bed guard to fit on my double bed but have been told that all the ones I have seen so far are not suitable for double beds. Can anyone help?

nobodysfool Fri 02-May-08 13:25:09

We have thos one for our ds single bed but it also fits our kingsize bed so i guess it woud fit yours.
It can be used on slatted of solid bases (something i found hard to find) and by far the best one i have found.

www.babyzoop.co.uk/gear/bedguard.html

HTH....x

CristinaTheAstonishing Fri 02-May-08 13:33:16

I use a pillow between the baby and the side of the bed. Did the same with the others and only once had one fall out of bed. I sleep lightly, though, and there's less space in the bed (and DH complains about it).

zebedee1 Fri 02-May-08 14:02:41

Hi, I got a babydan bed guard off ebay which does the trick.

NotABanana Fri 02-May-08 14:03:30

Can't you use a regular bed guard? we did when DD was tiny and slept with me.

I have a spare one if you aren't fussed about it being new.

kauto Fri 02-May-08 15:06:17

nobodysfool- thanks for the link
notabanana- I have seen bedguards in various baby catalogues but when I asked the companies they all said that the guards weren't suitable to use on a double bed. Thanks for the offer of your bedguard. Our bed has slats do you think it would work with them? and if it would work how much would you sell it for?

NotABanana Fri 02-May-08 18:24:16

I don't understand why it wouldn't work on a double tbh. We just had a regular Tomy bedguard and used that, our bed is a king size.

As for £, whatever you wanted to pay tbh.

gardeninggirl Fri 02-May-08 20:37:29

Hi Kauto,

I remember asking a similar question a few months ago when we started co sleeping.

After doing some research and posting a similar question a few months ago I did not find any company which makes bed guards specifically for double or adult type beds.

But most guards can be used, and work really well - In the end I bought a babydan one, which actually looks very similar to nobodysfool one. It has an anchor thing which only fits a single bed, but it does not matter, is really stable and works a treat on our slatted kingsize and when we travel it fits non slatted types and folds up, so is easily moved.
The babydan one I bought from amazon for about £20.

GG

Reesie Fri 02-May-08 21:38:01

I bought a toby one from argos and it works well on my king size bed (also with wooden slats under mattress).

MegBusset Fri 02-May-08 21:39:30

The BabyDan portable one is fine to use with a double bed with slatted base. We got ours from JojoMamanBebe.

Reesie Fri 02-May-08 21:39:31

Just remembered though - I left off the curved bit that slotted at the other end of the guard though. I've used it for about a year without a problem

LittleMissMuffett Fri 02-May-08 21:55:28

Tesco Direct are selling the ones for double bed @£25.00.

kauto Sun 04-May-08 11:16:58

thanks for all your replies, I thought mumsnetters would probably know more about this than the people at some of the baby catalogues.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »