Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Stuck between a rock and a hard place.

(11 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Sat 08-Jan-05 14:44:55

DH works nights occasionally, and I LOVE having the bed to myself, but, dd1 (6 yrs) always wants to sleep with me, I don't usually mind but she is a NIGHTMARE, she more often than not falls out of my bed and the spends the whole night putting her leg over me which wakes me up.

How do I wake her up without dissapointing and upsetting her (she is very touchy about everything at the minute).

lowcalCOD Sat 08-Jan-05 14:45:43

wake her UP?
youmean stop her coming in?

BubblesDeVere Sat 08-Jan-05 14:47:29

sorry, typed that wrong got sidetracked, I meant to say, How do I say no and its better she sleeps in her own bed without upsetting and dissapointing her.

Lonelymum Sat 08-Jan-05 14:47:47

She is old enough IMO to be told that she has her own bed and you would like her to stay in it. perhaps you could soften the blow by sharing your bed with her for 10 or 15 minutes in the morning. I often have a massive cuddle with my four children first thing in the morning. It is a nice way to start the day (if the day must be started!)

BubblesDeVere Sat 08-Jan-05 14:49:55

Good idea, why didn't i think of that duh!!!!!!!!!!

lowcalCOD Sat 08-Jan-05 14:50:07

i did a fab way with muy niece
get a auntie or some older woman she likes and get the auntie to do a star chart deal
maddies was htat 10 night on the trot in her own bed she goot t o go to the ballet shop with me

workes a treat

BubblesDeVere Sat 08-Jan-05 14:51:05

Like that one too cod.

lowcalCOD Sat 08-Jan-05 14:51:21

is ther such a woman?

vict17 Sat 08-Jan-05 16:07:57

Would she like to go shopping for new duvet, bedside lamp etc that might help her want to stay in her room?

lowcalCOD Sat 08-Jan-05 16:18:26

yes but someone outside the family needs to instigate it IMO

BubblesDeVere Sun 09-Jan-05 08:37:47

I'll definately give that a god Lowcalcod, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now