Talk

Advanced search

What's YOUR sleep pattern?

(35 Posts)
Posey Fri 07-Jan-05 20:49:20

Just interested to know what time you lot generally go to bed, what time you get up and whether you are disturbed in the night (by kids, pets, husbands...)

I generally go up at 10.30, have the light out around 11pm
Am getting less disturbed than I was as ds starts to sleep better again, but still usually find him in the middle and the cat on my feet by morning.
I get up between 7 and 7.30.

So I get around 8 hours, usually slightly disturbed sleep.

What about you?

lowcalCOD Fri 07-Jan-05 20:50:38

10 30 till 6 30

lowcalCOD Fri 07-Jan-05 20:50:47

often disturbed

kama Tue 25-Jan-05 00:46:49

Message withdrawn

sallystrawberry Tue 25-Jan-05 00:58:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sallystrawberry Tue 25-Jan-05 00:59:12

sallystrawberry Tue 25-Jan-05 01:00:31

essbee Tue 25-Jan-05 01:03:46

Message withdrawn

sobernow Tue 25-Jan-05 07:44:33

FairyMum Tue 25-Jan-05 07:53:00

In bed by 11 and up at 5 for work. Often disturbed sleep and still Ds2 at 2 am and then 5 am. I am coffeine addict!

PicadillyCircus Tue 25-Jan-05 08:06:43

I generally go to bed about 10:30, and go to sleep by 11. If I'm working then I'll get up (reluctantly) about 6:30. If I'm not working then I'll wake up about 7:30 or so and get up more gradually .

DS is lovely and loves his cot so generally doesn't disturb us in the night. So somewhere between 7.5 and 9 hours sleep. And more if it's a weekend, when sometimes none of us wakes up before 9.

At the moment being newly pregnant I am wanting more sleep. Last night I was asleep by 9:30 and up at 6:30 so got 9 hours sleep and still worn out. Hoping that DS2/DD will also enjoy sleeping

PicadillyCircus Tue 25-Jan-05 08:09:30

Feeling bad now I've looked at everyone else's disturbed sleep habits .

I think I am very lucky (but still tired at the moment)

Tommy Tue 25-Jan-05 09:15:04

I have a new years resolution to go to bed early (i.e. be actually in bed and redy to go to sleep by 11. Not great success so far but....last night:
In bed at 10.10pm and watched TV for half and hour. Asleep by 11.15ish. Woke up when DH comes in (around midnight). DS1 joined us at 1.30, I went downstairs, got him some milk (and some for DS2 who had woken with the noise), DS1 wnet back to sleep. 2am, DS2 wakes up, I bring him into bed with me, DH goes to spare room. back to sleep by 3.45. DS1 wakes 6.30 -I send him to DH in spare room and they both get up. DS2 and stay asleep until 7.45.
Yes, a bit disturbed.
PicadillyCircus - DS1 slept 12 hours from about 8 weeks until his first birthday - that's when the trouble started!

ghosty Tue 25-Jan-05 09:29:20

Spend all day wishing that I was in bed and then start thinking about going to bed around 9pm, actually start getting ready for bed around 10pm but always end up checking up on MN (which is what I am doing now ... it is 10.23pm). I am usually in bed by 11pm and asleep at 11.01pm ...
Get woken usually twice a night by DS (5yrs old ... needs a cuddle, had a bad dream, lost his duvet or pillow .... )
DD (nearly 1) used to sleep all night but she has been poorly and so is getting into a bit of a habit of waking up ... I find that if I leave her she will go back to sleep after 4 or 5 minutes of grizzling but if I go to her then she will take ages to go back to sleep.
Both children always awake by 6.30pm ... I go into the shower then so that DH can deal with them ... I am always dressed and ready for the day by 7am (I am a SAHM but if I waited till after DH went to work I wouldn't get dressed all day).
Weekends only differ in that I don't get up for my shower until after DD has had her bottle (7am).
at all who get an 8 hour stretch of undisturbed sleep.

galaxy Tue 25-Jan-05 09:32:02

I usually go to bed about 10 and asleep by 11. I then wake up around 2 and toss and turn for an hour and then again at 5:30. May fall asleep again or not depending on how active my mind is. Get up at 6:45.

Feel shattered for the rest of the day.

expatinscotland Tue 25-Jan-05 09:43:44

Bed at midnight; up at 7.10. Dd goes down at 8, but doesn't usually fall asleep till half 8. She's a night owl like her father and me and prefers a long lie-in.

elliott Tue 25-Jan-05 10:04:08

Lights off at 11 on a good night, closer to 11.30 if I've been naughty (ER night last night!) Woken by either dh getting up at 6.35 or ds2 earlier if he's on an early waking phase. Ignore all until nearly 7 when ds1's getting up time light comes on. Fairly often woken at some point in the night by ds1/ds2 but usually only brief or no intervention required.

BUT even when I'm not disturbed by kids I will wake at least once and go to the loo. Very very rarely will I sleep all the way through - I seem to have lost the ability!

I'm very that most of you don't seem to be woken by your kids!

mummylonglegs Tue 25-Jan-05 14:22:43

Pretty erratic lately. Usually asleep before midnight. Dd (2.3) sleeps through most of the time but dp often gets up and down a bit (grrr .....) so I sleep fairly lightly. Dd wakes any time between 6.30-7.30am. I often wake between 5-6am and sometimes manage to go back to sleep, others lie there like a stressed loon unable to drift off.

I always feel tired in the day.

lunavix Tue 25-Jan-05 14:29:28

In theory... me and dp go up around 10.30, maybe 11pm. He usually takes a video up which keeps me awake for at least another half an hour. Then we get up when ds wakes up, 7.30am, also when dp has to get up for work.

However I am a total insomniac, so mostly I'll either be awake all night, or wake up at around 12.30am, and fall asleep again at 7am. I only manage to sleep about.. one night in 8 or 9.

PlainFlum Tue 25-Jan-05 14:34:57

Fall asleep on sofa sometime between 11pm and 1am. If DP home he makes me go to bed when he goes. If not, wake up cold when..............

Baby often wakes in night. Crawl into lounge with her and a cup of milk for both of us. We both fall asleep on sofa again within about 20 mins.

Crawl out of bed around 8am.

PlainFlum Tue 25-Jan-05 14:35:36

How did I get into bed? DH gets up at 6am and packs us both off back to bed.

biglips Tue 25-Jan-05 14:37:56

mine is all over the place as some weeks its in order then now and again it goes all haywire (baba is 16 weeks old BTW) so its average between 12 -1am and have 9 hrs kip
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZz

MissChief Tue 25-Jan-05 14:38:26

daytime - dream of sleep, night-time fail to sleep except fitfully( had no idea there were so many of us, isn't it terrible how many have insomnia to some degree?)
typical night - DH & I go to bed c. 10pm (big wuzzies), dh asleep & snoring immediately which maddens me all the more until I fall asleep (complete wiht my fetching ear-plugs) c. 12pm. 12.30-1.30 - ds wakes up for 1st time after nightmare,
3am - ds wakes up again - nightmare or blanket off
4am I might fall asleep again
6.15 alarm or ds wakes us up.
I honestly no longer expect to sleep properly at night - it's been weeks maybe a couple of months since had more than 3-4hrs. sometimes resigned to it and don't worry, other times get bloody annoyed and would like to start sleeping tablets, get grumpy with dh and dozy at work.

BadHair Tue 25-Jan-05 14:43:44

Go to bed at 1-ish, woken by one of dses coming into bed anytime between 2-5am, woken again by dp getting up at 6.30, officially awake and functioning by 8.30am.

Bozza Tue 25-Jan-05 14:49:03

Bed sometime between 10 and 11. Asleep sometime between 10.30 and 11.15. DS (3.11) has a bad dream or "tummy ache" (think this equates to a full bladder so make him get up and do a wee) once a week ish - usually sometime between 2 and 4. DD (8 months) wakes up sometime between 5 and 7.15 for a breast feed. If its before 6.30 I put her back into her cot. Otherwise she's up. She occasionally cries out in the night but don't usually have to go to her (unlesss poorly/teething). Alarm set at 6.30 in the week (and 7 both weekend days this w/e because Sat I had an early eyetest and Sun DH playing golf) and I'm the first up and in the shower. At weekend if DD has had a feed and gone back to bed we are sometimes woken up by DS when his light comes on at 7.15 (its set for 7 on nursery days Tues-Thurs).

So I guess the average is 7.5 hours with one disturbance. I can cope with this and it was much worse until quite recently.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: