Talk

Advanced search

Bedwetting

(9 Posts)
Clare1406 Fri 26-Nov-04 09:58:18

Hello,
I need help!!!
Just joined today.
My little boy Dylan is 3yrs old, 4wks ago he started going to bed without a nappy.
The first 2wks were completely dry, but since then he's wet the bed every night.
We've tried getting him up for wee when we go to bed, but he refuses & gets upset. We've stopped drinks an hour before bed.
When he wakes up wet he's upset & won't go back to sleep without one of us getting in bed with him. We tell him it's an accident.
I don't want to put him back in nappies coz that'll confuse him.
Any suggestions? Pleeeeease.
We're soooooo tired, & getting nasty too!!
Clare.

Discoinferno Sun 02-Jan-05 23:41:27

My daughter is nearly 4 and she still wears pull ups. I just keep hoping that some moring we will wake up and she wil be dry. No advice really. Maybe someone else here will. I am interested in knwoing too.

Gwenick Sun 02-Jan-05 23:48:00

My DS is already 4 (born September) and still in nappies at nights. We did try for 1 month just after he turned 4 but it was a bit of a disaster to say the very least - so he went back into nappies and there he will stay for the foreseeable future or until he suddenly starts taking off dry nappies in the morning LOL

Discoinferno Sun 02-Jan-05 23:48:45

Glad I am not the only one in this boat then.

zaphod Sun 02-Jan-05 23:54:25

I would just put him in pull-ups at night. They aren't the same as nappies, and won't be so confusing for him. Eventually he will be dry at night, even though it doesn't seem like it now, but he will grow out of it.

Gwenick Sun 02-Jan-05 23:57:46

Zaphod - which pull ups do you use - the only ones I've found that fit him leak if they get too full (very common with DS1) and the others are too small.

zaphod Mon 03-Jan-05 00:08:49

The Huggies ones. And aren't there something called Dry-Nites for bigger children?

Gwenick Mon 03-Jan-05 00:10:22

Huggies are too small - drynites leaked every night we used them - he's quite happy with his Tesco size 5's (same size as his 13 month old brother wears LMAO) so I think I'll just leave him

Clare1406 Mon 03-Jan-05 00:33:41

Hi, thanks guys, thought i was doin something wrong! But DS has gone back into nappies as he was thought he'd been naughty coz he'd wet the bed. Plus, sleeples nights were making everyone cranky.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now