4 year old won't go to sleep

(4 Posts)
user3674 Sun 13-Jun-21 22:28:56

DD has never been a good sleeper and has alway slept less than what a text book would recommend. She completely dropped all naps as soon as she turned 2. She now won't fall asleep until at least 10pm but still gets up 7.30/8 am. She doesn't show any signs of tiredness during the day.
Has anyone else experienced this? How did you managed to get them into an earlier bed routine again. Even after a busy long day at preschool she still won't sleep.
She says she wants to be downstairs with us. She is still currently awake as I write this at 10.30 pm.

OP’s posts: |
FATEdestiny Mon 14-Jun-21 13:25:24

Possibly just fear of missing out. At that age I think it comes down to being strict. Parenting doesn't mean letting your child do as they like, there are times when you know what is best for your child and it might not be what the child wants.

OnlyFoolsnMothers Tue 15-Jun-21 06:50:22

When awake do you bring her back downstairs ?
I would be inclined to say you can stay up with a book in your bed, dim lights and hopefully she’ll drop off

Crowsaregreat Tue 15-Jun-21 07:00:09

We have a stairgate at the top of the stairs. We also have a lock on our bedroom door so if DD gets out, there's nowhere exciting to go.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in