Shit sleepers support club

(5 Posts)
Restingpotato Thu 06-May-21 19:57:20

As I'm holding my clearly tired child who will not go to sleep I thought it'd be nice to have a sleep thread that isn't looking for the answers (as it seems like some babies are beyond help) and just a place to vent.

11 month old has been a bad sleeper since around 12 weeks. We had a short spell of 6ish weeks where we started getting longer chunks (4h in a row, wow) but its back to every 2h again now. Share your tales of woe with me! And if you've come out the other side, please tell me it'll get better!

OP’s posts: |
Shazzzzz Thu 06-May-21 21:29:33

Omg i read this with a sad face! Mine has been a good sleeper then at 16 weeks started sleeping absolutely crap!! Hes been like this 5 weeks now so hope it doesnt last till hes 11 month!! but if it does im here with you 😂😴

Hightideattheseaside Thu 06-May-21 21:42:38

I feel your pain. Nothing I tried has worked with mine. I will probably scare you all with the age of my child... it’s been three years and he’s slept through the night less than 30 days combined I would say sad. He’s always been fine to get to sleep but just wakes multiple times. It used to be he’s wake up screaming until the last few month where he just walks into my room and tells me he wants to go back to bed confused.

It’s amazing how you get used to disturbed sleep and can still function. But some days it’s so hard and harder to keep patient with him in the middle of the night. I feel like it’s really starting to affect me now. I guess that’s inevitable with prolonged sleep deprivation! I just keep telling myself that he won’t be waking me up crying when he’s 18. Though then he will probably wake me up coming in at 2am!

I feel he is an extreme case though. My daughter was sleeping through reliably by 1 unless she was sick.

sweetypop Thu 06-May-21 21:53:48

Hightideattheseaside

I feel your pain. Nothing I tried has worked with mine. I will probably scare you all with the age of my child... it’s been three years and he’s slept through the night less than 30 days combined I would say sad. He’s always been fine to get to sleep but just wakes multiple times. It used to be he’s wake up screaming until the last few month where he just walks into my room and tells me he wants to go back to bed confused.

It’s amazing how you get used to disturbed sleep and can still function. But some days it’s so hard and harder to keep patient with him in the middle of the night. I feel like it’s really starting to affect me now. I guess that’s inevitable with prolonged sleep deprivation! I just keep telling myself that he won’t be waking me up crying when he’s 18. Though then he will probably wake me up coming in at 2am!

I feel he is an extreme case though. My daughter was sleeping through reliably by 1 unless she was sick.

My ds didn't sleep for 4 yeArs!!' We were so desperate we played Ed Sheehan's thinking out loud on repeat as it was the only thing that calmed him... Fucking hate that song so much now it gives me serious shivers

FiloFaxx Fri 07-May-21 07:26:17

This is the thread for me!! My DD2 is 6 months and sleep has never been good. Was hoping it would be better soon but reading all your stories I think I need to lower my expectations 🙈

Good to vent somewhere like here as I feel like it's all I talk about now to family and friends and I'm sure they're sick of me now 😬

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in