4 year old sleep anyone find

(2 Posts)
JC17fj74 Fri 16-Apr-21 21:36:48

Anyone find that the older their child get the more disturbed their sleep is?!
DS is just 4 and has always slept like an angel, lately if he comes out of a sleep cycle in the night he is more likely to wake up and sit up rather than turn over and go back to sleep.
The only thing I can think of is that now his brain is more active and he has things on his mind ie going to the zoo in the morning or meeting friends to play at the park etc.
Anyone else have any experience of this?

OP’s posts: |
Starlight17 Fri 16-Apr-21 22:56:29

Yes same. Our 3.5 year old DS has been waking more since he turned 3 and we’ve realised it’s his brain being being overactive at night and replaying the exciting things he’s done/seen that day or what we will be doing tomorrow. We’ve started to not tell him about things happening until on the day they are happening which helps as he doesn’t get over excited/worried potentially. I also think DS is quite an anxious child and things maybe worry him more than I realise such as he watched a programme about dinosaurs (friendly singing cartoon ones) but then woke in the night because there were dinosaurs in his room etc. Keeping an eye on this thread to see if anyone has any suggestions.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in