Regression?! 6m super fussy and won’t sleep!

(4 Posts)
LadyH1986 Tue 13-Apr-21 20:49:46

Another from me....! Sorry... but this lovely community is helping no end since I’m a new lockdown mummy

6m old this week - but my goodness this is an exhausting phase. Usually nap or bedtime related, but as soon as she’s picked up in a ‘rocking’ position, she loses it! Seems super frustrated, squirming, crying or even shouting out. I thought it may be her CMPA as she seems to relax a bit more if I pull her legs back and wiggle about (wind?) but it’s only ever around her nap times?!

Tonight I couldn’t win - she wouldn’t be held and wouldn’t be put down in her crib!! Eventually she fell asleep on the bed and we carefully transferred her, but that goes against everything we want to do to help her to self settle and sleep through the night again!

I’m sure it’s a phase as only been like this maybe a week... but if anyone has experienced before, I’d love some advice. I did wonder if I was trying to put her down too late, but her wake windows are still around 2-2.5 hours, which work sometimes... maybe she’s overtired at bedtime?!

Thanks in advance x

OP’s posts: |
FATEdestiny Thu 15-Apr-21 20:41:33

She does sound over tired, the thrashing around is a classic sign.

Don't suppose she'll take a dummy? They are great for calming and soothing.

LadyH1986 Thu 15-Apr-21 20:53:24

Thanks for the reply! Yes - she has a dummy (I spend half my life putting it back in.......) have to put it in several times at night, but know it soothes her and good for reflux babies

OP’s posts: |
FATEdestiny Thu 15-Apr-21 21:00:44

It's probably over tired. And by bedtime it's multiple layers of over tiredness built up throughout the day.

So if start trying to lengthen naps and shorten awake windows right from the beginning of the day.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in