19 month old always waking up in the middle of the night crying?!

(3 Posts)
s2391 Thu 08-Apr-21 23:16:59

Around 2 months ago my partner, son and I have moved house, my 19 month old has officially moved in his own room. For the first few weeks he slept very well in his new room. After this he is suddenly now waking up in the middle of the night crying and running to his bedroom door, and won't go back to sleep until either myself or my partner puts him back to bed. I have tried everything to help him but my son is still waking up in the middle of the night and I do not understand why.... I am thinking to speak to a sleep therapist?? Does anyone have any suggestions??

OP’s posts: |
FortunesFave Fri 09-Apr-21 00:33:51

It's so normal OP...they all do this at some point. Absolutely no need for a therapist. If he's going straight back to bed when you put him there, then your problem is minor!

Some kids do this until they're 8 or 9!

One of mine did it till about 7 and then wouldn't go back to sleep unless I got in her bed with her or she was allowed in mine.

Absolutely exhausting. She stopped very suddenly.

Is something outside waking him up? A car alarm or something else that makes a loud noise regularly at that time of night?

s2391 Fri 09-Apr-21 09:43:43

Last night was a nightmare! @FortunesFave he woke up at 11:30pm screaming, it lasted till 2am to the point we gave up and brought him into our bed, I just don't know what to do anymore. We changed his cot into a bed recently and we're thinking maybe it could be that reason? So confused!!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in