Weaning from Sleepyhead

(3 Posts)
pikkukettu Mon 05-Apr-21 20:58:47

My little boy is coming up to 6 months old. Until about two weeks ago, he would only co-sleep with me in the bed, but we’ve now managed to transition him into his cot with one side off up against our bed.

That said, he’ll only settle well if he’s in his Sleepyhead - he typically does a 4 hour stretch and then wakes 2 hourly, but without it he wakes every 30-60 minutes. I know Sleepyheads aren’t recommended for overnight use and he’s going to be too big for it soon too. I’d like to get him to settle well without it, but don’t really know where to start.

Does anyone have any tips or is it just a case of going cold turkey and dealing with the broken nights for a while?

OP’s posts: |
Ineedmorezzzzzzs Sat 17-Apr-21 04:21:38

Sorry no tips, I have a 7 month old who's the same, and Ive just bought the next size up sleepyhead (grand,)

jdy123 Sat 17-Apr-21 06:24:34

We got rid of the sleepyhead as my daughter started trying to roll over it so it was unsafe. so I literally had no choice but to go cold turkey as I got rid of it that night. Safe to say she hated it and it did take a couple of weeks for her to get used to the cot without it.

I did attempt to try the way you slowly transition them out of it, by first taking the sleepyhead out of its cover and put under the bed sheet so it still feels like it's there, and each night make the gap a little wider until you can eventually take it away. (I saw on YouTube) but I didn't get chance.
Hope all goes okay smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in