20 month old suddenly will not go to sleep in his own room..

(5 Posts)
momneedsadviceplz Mon 05-Apr-21 19:53:26

I sleep trained at 7 months and again just after 12 months due to sleep regressions and teething etc. But now he's nearly 2 and suddenly screams the house down when we put him to bed. We have tried everything from moving the bedroom around, different music and changing bed time to later. Now it's nearly 8pm and he's exhausted but screaming mama as if he's terrified of something! He won't even nap in there anymore so just falls asleep on the sofa or in the car which I can deal with. He will play lovely in there during the day though. Do I need to sleep train AGAIN!? I have a feeling he's had a nightmare that has scared him, if that's the case how do we get around that? Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
TooMinty Mon 05-Apr-21 19:55:33

How is his speech? If you asked him what was wrong would he be able to tell you? Failing that I'd try audiobook or CBeebies radio and a night light. Plus gradual retreat if you need to.

FATEdestiny Tue 06-Apr-21 09:23:19

Is he in a bed or cot?

momneedsadviceplz Tue 06-Apr-21 09:32:56

Speech is ok but he wouldn't be able to tell me what's wrong yet. If he could if would make life a lot easier! He is in a cot. I have ordered a projector x

OP’s posts: |
FATEdestiny Tue 06-Apr-21 10:21:49

Would he settle if you stayed in the room while he went to sleep? Or stood in the doorway. Just scrolling on your phone or whatever. He might need your reassurance for a bit.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in