4 year old never slept through the night!

(6 Posts)
Givemethechocolate Wed 10-Mar-21 00:54:51

Literally at breaking point. My son will soon be 5. He has not slept through the entire night once!!
He slept in my bed until last year due to him have bad silent reflux his whole life. Its improved so I've moved him to his own single bed in his room. Done it all nice.
He can't go to sleep unless I'm there with him. He wakes numerous times in the night and calls me. I just tuck him in and then he goes to sleep but it's doing me in. A good night is once or twice. Bad night 3 or 4 times. It's affecting my mental health because I'm just so tired and irritable.
I don't know what to do?? Any advice?

OP’s posts: |
Givemethechocolate Wed 10-Mar-21 07:04:00

Bump

BendingSpoons Wed 10-Mar-21 07:13:20

That's tough. I think you need to work on him having something else to comfort him when he wakes. Could you introduce a special teddy, a night light or projector or even start with a 2 way monitor so he can speak to you but you don't have to get out of bed, and reduce how much you speak back.

Givemethechocolate Wed 10-Mar-21 07:19:01

He already has blankets which he's had since birth and he has so many cuddlys on his bed that he cuddles. He has a night light so it isn't dark. I've tried ignoring him to see if he goes back to sleep but he doesn't.
Im just stuck.

LazyDaisy10 Wed 10-Mar-21 07:56:47

My 6 year old dd is the same. She will go to sleep in her own bed but wakes numerous times. I tried putting her back each time, night light, teddies but she wakes so many times. Its exhausting! Obviously I have no solution, what we do now is just let her get in with me when she wakes. It could be 11pm, 3am anytime but so everyone gets some rest thats what we decided. It was so stressful trying to solve the problem and it works for us, but I get that you want him in his own bed. What happens if you don't go into him when he calls, would he eventually go back to sleep maybe or does he just get louder or get up?

Billi77 Fri 19-Mar-21 23:22:28

Same here... following this now

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in