Baby doesn't settle at night

(3 Posts)
Duemarch2021 Tue 09-Mar-21 21:20:04

My baby is 1 week old and during the day she seems to be able to sleep nicely in her cot in between feeds.. but as soon as evening comes around, she makes whingy noises constantly and pulls faces like she has wind.. i try to wind her but nothing comes out.. me and my partner find it impossible to sleep at night whilst shes in her cot as she just constantly makes noises.. so we take it in turns to sleep 3 hours at a time whilst the other watxhes baby in living room.. will this ever end? And does anyone have advice on why she seems so uncomfortable?

OP’s posts: |
LifeIsBusy Tue 09-Mar-21 21:26:42

Have you tried stomach massage?

MrsPatrickDempsey Tue 09-Mar-21 21:29:45

Is she crying?
She probably isn't in pain. She is getting used to the world and learning awareness of her body functions. She has only just started to digest milk and get to know what that feels like in her tummy. Are you familiar with the 4th trimester info? It's very insightful about what is normal for babies. It's easy to project what we think might be wrong with them - they are very different to adults. The first few weeks are such an adjustment and can be tough. It sounds like you've got a good arrangement going on. You shouldn't take the brunt yourself.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in