Can change of routine cause 18 month old to not sleep

(3 Posts)
Km12345 Mon 08-Mar-21 09:13:06

I am at my wits end and really struggling the last few weeks with my toddler

I have been working from home as a teacher (back this week) so this has hugely impacted on my sons normal routine anyway since January

I have recently had to move into my parents house with my husband and son due to selling my house and waiting for our new property. There is 4 adults, a toddler and a dog all cramped in my parents house as well as all our belongings so obviously things are out of the ordinary for him

My son is very familiar with being at my parents as they usually look after him when I'm at work and he often stays 1 night a week and there is never any problems

since moving to my mums his sleeping has been terrible, he is wide awake at 4am every morning, and then refuses to have his usually day time nap. He has also learnt how to climb out of his cot so he decides he does not want to sleep and just jumps out of his cot

I really do not know what to do, I'm assuming and hoping it's down to the complete change in routine etc , is this normal?

Is there any suggestions on how I can help my little one sleep? The whole household is now loosing sleep because of it and with me being back at work it's really not helping the situation

OP’s posts: |
Sandrine1982 Mon 08-Mar-21 12:24:51

There may be different reasons. Could be a change of routine, could be teething, could be a leap / regression. We're going through something similar at the moment, and we did the stupid thing to move DD to a different room 3 days ago, so now we don't know which reason out of 3 it might be. It could be all of them. sad

I'm sending you lots of positive vibes and strength. When are you moving to your new property? That's very exciting, no? flowers

Seeline Mon 08-Mar-21 12:29:47

Both mine stopped napping at 18 months, so it could be developmental. But definitely all the upheaval could be having an impact.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in