11month old only will sleep on me

(3 Posts)
SallyTheSloth Sun 21-Feb-21 08:33:24

If there’s anyone who can share any tips or wisdom I’d love to hear it!
My 11 month old has regressed to only sleeping on me or my husband.

If she’s put in her cot she cries until she’s hysterical even if we stay in there with her.
If we rock her to sleep then put her down she wakes up instantly and cries, again until she’s inconsolable unless picked back up.
I’ve tried to get her to co-sleep instead but again she cries.

Initially the cause for the regression seemed to be because she was struggling with her constipation and reflux (she’s under the hospital for these), plus a bit of teething but now I think it’s just something she wants as she’s getting used to it again.
Has also just started to pull herself up and crawl so big leap in physical development too.

I don’t know how I’m ever going to get her back in her cot and we can’t keep staying up all night with her. If you have any ideas or have been there, please share them! Thank you

OP’s posts: |
hodgepodge21 Sun 21-Feb-21 09:04:12

This sounds so difficult! Could you try gradually shifting her towards co-sleeping? So she lies in you until she is nearly asleep then just gently roll her next to you and pat/shush til asleep? Then over a couple of weeks start rolling her off you sooner and sooner until she is just falling asleep whilst lying by your side. It's going to be a big jump from sleeping on you to her cot, so this might be a middle ground for now. She probably will cry as it's not what she wants to get to sleep, but you are there and you can comfort and cuddle her until she is asleep - just lying next to you not on you!

Sassy14 Sun 21-Feb-21 09:16:19

No advice sorry but just wanted you to know you are not alone! My 6 month old is so used to sleeping on me for daytime naps, I'm trying to break the cycle but she only lasts 30 mins in her crib every time, it's so hard sad

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in