Toddler and duvet

(7 Posts)
OhToBeASeahorse Sat 20-Feb-21 22:12:31

This will sound silly but DS is 2.5 and its his first night in a duvet. It's a 4 tog one. He is sleeping with it fully covering him.
Is that safe?!?!

OP’s posts: |
BoomBaBoom Sat 20-Feb-21 22:14:05

My DS has a 4 tog duvet. He's the same age. Every night he pulls it right up over his head, and it drives me insane with worry and no matter how many times I go in and pull it down, he pulls it up again. But he's fine. He's been using it since just before he turned two.

BoomBaBoom Sat 20-Feb-21 22:15:25

Also, I remember the first week he started using the duvet instead of sleeping bags and I was going in there every ten minutes to check on him! Totally natural to worry at every transition stage. Cot to bed, sleeping bag/blanket to duvet, etc.

OhToBeASeahorse Sat 20-Feb-21 22:19:26

Thanks! He also insisted in toilet training today so I'm feeling a bit fragile! Thankyou for the reassurance.

OP’s posts: |
HurricaneBitch Sat 20-Feb-21 22:40:07

My ds used to do that too, always had me worried. He's 19 now and still does it, lol

BoomBaBoom Sat 20-Feb-21 22:50:45

OhToBeASeahorse

Thanks! He also insisted in toilet training today so I'm feeling a bit fragile! Thankyou for the reassurance.

Aww! That's great though. My DS isn't ready for that yet. We've had one wee and one poo on the potty but he's very reluctant still.

halfwaythrough2 Sat 20-Feb-21 22:54:46

Bless you! I was the exact same and it still worries me sometimes but you do get used to it. Trick is to always have a toddler or single duvet so it's smaller which is safe. They will kick it off if they get too hot at that age.

I'm at 3 and half years now and still sleep with one eye open! Think we always will x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in