Surgery or something else?

(2 Posts)
AnnLouiseB Sat 20-Feb-21 06:23:11

My son is 11 weeks old. From about 6 weeks he was in a brilliant routine of sleeping from 10pm til around 5am every night, which was obviously great. He would wake for a feed at 5 and usually go back down between 6 and half 6 for another couple of hours.

On Wednesday I had emergency surgery. I was out of hospital on the same day, but away from him for 18 hours in which time he had expressed breast milk from a bottle (he’s usually EBF). I had a general anaesthetic on Wednesday, and am taking tramadol, and back to breastfeeding.

Since the surgery, his sleep has been terrible. He is waking between 2.30 and 3am and staying awake for 2-3 hours, during which time he is really unsettled. He’s not at all a grizzly baby usually, but he’s grumpy and crying in these times which isn’t like him at all.

Is this likely to just be the disruption of me being away for a day and recovering from surgery, or is something else maybe going on? I don’t know if I should just ride it out for a few more days or if I need to try and make changes to his routine to get him back on track.

OP’s posts: |
crazychemist Sat 20-Feb-21 17:01:19

11 weeks is prime time for all kinds of changes. Wait it out a week and see what happens.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in