Nappies always leaking at night!

(21 Posts)
EggscellentEggplant Tue 16-Feb-21 01:07:53

My 6 month old is a heavy wetter and her nappies keep leaking at night waking her up! Any ideas on how to prevent them leaking? Tried going up a size, up 2 sizes, multiple different brands, nappy pants. Really need help as its disturbing her sleep and mine.

OP’s posts: |
Redwinestillfine Tue 16-Feb-21 01:14:15

I was going to suggest up a size but see that hasn't worked. Have you tried the + sizes? They're the same size but more absorbent...Also some brands do night time nappies also more absorbent...

Bluenightowl Tue 16-Feb-21 01:16:08

I was going to suggest sizing up too.

Could you do a nappy change before you go to bed yourself while your baby is still sleeping?

gokartdillydilly Tue 16-Feb-21 01:32:16

Make sure the frill is always out!

EggscellentEggplant Tue 16-Feb-21 05:03:37

Tried + sizes, changing just before we go to sleep and the frill is always outsad

Actually considering getting some reuseable nappies and putting one of those over her usual nappies but I have no idea if that is worth doing

stopchewingeverything Tue 16-Feb-21 05:13:30

Try putting a maxi pad in there too....that's what we have to do with our son at times.

Harrysmummy246 Tue 16-Feb-21 15:50:06

What's over the nappies? COuld a vest be too tight and compressing?

Advertisement

EggscellentEggplant Tue 16-Feb-21 17:47:57

Harrysmummy246

What's over the nappies? COuld a vest be too tight and compressing?

Its been happening both when she wears a vest or a sleepsuit, her sleepsuits are size 9-12 months so nice and baggy. But I might explore that a bit further, maybe it needs to be even more baggy to allow the nappy to expand. Thanks for the suggestion

sleepslikeababy Tue 16-Feb-21 19:52:42

Try nappy pants over a regular nappy? We used Aldi nappies for 6 months until they started leaking after 3 hours at night. We found the pampers active fit nappies don’t leak all night...but before that I was using a normally nappy and then pull up pants over the top. Also did the job was just a faff to change in the dark...

Bluenightowl Tue 16-Feb-21 21:18:20

I remember using Lidl during the day but always Pampers at night because they held more than the Lidl ones.

EggscellentEggplant Tue 16-Feb-21 21:31:17

Bluenightowl

I remember using Lidl during the day but always Pampers at night because they held more than the Lidl ones.

Unfortunately I have tried Pampers too in various sizes and types (nappy pants and normal nappies) with no lucksad

EggscellentEggplant Tue 16-Feb-21 21:32:35

sleepslikeababy

Try nappy pants over a regular nappy? We used Aldi nappies for 6 months until they started leaking after 3 hours at night. We found the pampers active fit nappies don’t leak all night...but before that I was using a normally nappy and then pull up pants over the top. Also did the job was just a faff to change in the dark...

I haven't, because I thought a double nappy might be quite uncomfortable for her. She sleeps on her side so i don't know if that will get in the way but might be worth a try since I do have both normal nappies and various sizes of nappy pants here anyway.

TwinMum89 Tue 16-Feb-21 21:39:17

We use rascal and friends nappies. Tesco sell them. We only use them at night. They are amazing. Best nappies for night that I have tried. Way better than pampers.

OhWifey Tue 16-Feb-21 21:40:55

Also found Rascal and Friends unbeatable at night

ClammedupClam Tue 16-Feb-21 21:42:29

We had this problem and a pull up over normal nappy worked. DS often sleeps on his side to, but seemed fine with it. It was less bulky than I expected. Not very environmentally friendly I guess to double nappy, but we were getting through two nappies a night anyway.

keeponrunning85 Tue 16-Feb-21 21:46:33

I have similar issues with DS. We seem to be having some success by using a reusable waterproof wrap over the top of the disposable nappy. I saw it recommended on here on a previous thread.

Sharkfinsoup Tue 16-Feb-21 21:50:40

We use a reusable bamboo insert with one of our regular disposable nappies - seems to have stopped the leaks. They are pretty cheap and actually easy to look after.

Siennabear Tue 16-Feb-21 21:52:31

My son was a very heavy wetter at night. The only thing that didn’t leak was Sainsbury’s own brand + super.

iluvpickles Tue 16-Feb-21 21:53:09

Is it maybe the way she's sleeping? My little girl sleeps on her tummy a lot and I think that makes her nappy leak sometimes. There's a lot more nappy at the back than the front. We found pampers were the most absorbent, shld see the size of those nappies sometimes 🙈 I'm amazed they don't leak more often.

dillydallydollydaydream7 Tue 16-Feb-21 21:58:54

We have the same problem with our DD who is nearly 2. She's in nappy pants and they're completely fine through the day but on a night there's been a few occasions that she's leaked through. Like you we've tried various brands and sizes but what I've realised is she drinks an awful lot through the night every now and again. I make a point now of when I'm up changing the baby (4mo) I feel DDs nappy and if it feels full I just whip it off and change her while she's asleep. We've stopped fastening her vests too incase they were constricting

mummylifeofsmilesandtears Wed 24-Feb-21 12:10:37

I had to change brand as they kept leaking of a night. I have found pampers pull up best of a night just a shame the brands more expensive sad I use these of a night and nappies (a cheaper brand) off a day time x

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in