Sleep wear

(5 Posts)
Greengiraffe1 Sun 14-Feb-21 07:23:54

Our room is 17°c. My baby is 4.5 months
Since birth I have been using a blanket tucked in both sides of the next to me for baby to sleep in.
Last night I put her in a 2.5tog sleeping bag in order to 'get ready' for when she gets moved to her own room I don't want her to be under a blanket where I can't see her or possibly get it tucked in.
I put a long sleeve vest on her and she woke up so much! Would you say I didn't put enough clothes on her underneath so she was waking up cold? Or is she just going to need to get used to not having the blanket tucked across her at night?

OP’s posts: |
Zarinea Sun 14-Feb-21 07:26:26

It might need getting used to, but she probably also needs more clothes. I'd put her in a sleep suit as well. Unlike you she can't tuck her arms under the blanket so they need some layers!

Vicky1989x Sun 14-Feb-21 08:47:24

My DD was in a short sleeved vest, sleepsuit and a 2.5 tog sleeping bag but she was waking up so much! So I put her in a long sleeved vest, sleepsuit and sleeping bag and she slept much better.

choosername1234 Sun 14-Feb-21 09:41:03

My DD (3months) needs many more layers at night than are recommended. She likes to be warm & snuggly I guess

Etherealhedgehog Mon 15-Feb-21 20:14:29

We follow the recommendations that came on the Tommee Tippee sleeping bags we used initially - for room 18-20 wear a long sleeved bodysuit, for room 16-18 use a onesie (but no vest underneath). Seems to work for us. (This is with 2.5 tog sleeping bag)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in