Waking up due to farts

(3 Posts)
chuckb4ss Tue 09-Feb-21 04:13:19

My 4 month old is on anti reflux milk and is constantly farting through the night and kicking her legs like crazy. It really disrupts her sleep. Sometimes I can put a dummy in or I often make shush sounds, but at some point in the middle of the night it won't be enough and she will begin crying whilst kicking and farting. The only thing that will then settle her back to sleep is to be fed. I have tried bicycle legs and a bath before bed but they don't appear to do much. Does anyone have any ideas please as on the rare occasion she doesn't fart at night she sleeps like a dream!

OP’s posts: |
MonkeyBeard Fri 12-Feb-21 20:13:23

Didn't want to read and run - it sounds pants!

DS didn't have reflux but also had the fart disturbed sleep problem, he'd end up in bed with us by 4am. It probably won't make you feel better now, but he grew out of it between 4-6 months. It started with the rare night he stayed in his cot which gradually became a rare night he didn't. He still farts an obscene amount and we can hear it over the monitor but it no longer bothers him.

chuckb4ss Sat 13-Feb-21 20:08:28

MonkeyBeard

Didn't want to read and run - it sounds pants!

DS didn't have reflux but also had the fart disturbed sleep problem, he'd end up in bed with us by 4am. It probably won't make you feel better now, but he grew out of it between 4-6 months. It started with the rare night he stayed in his cot which gradually became a rare night he didn't. He still farts an obscene amount and we can hear it over the monitor but it no longer bothers him.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Fingers crossed for a change at the 6 month mark!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in