Self soothing tips please!

(3 Posts)
lockdownpregnancy Sun 10-Jan-21 19:46:56

Hi all!
I have a 15 week old DS and about to hit the 4 month mark which means sleep regression! 😫
I know it doesn't happen to every baby but I wanted some tips on self soothing when/if the regression starts.
He goes to bed around 9-9.30pm and doesn't get up until 8am the next day.
He does wake in the night whinging a little but I just pop his dummy in and he settles back down.
This happens anywhere from 3 to 7 times per night. It doesn't bother me as he just wants his dummy, but from what I can see, when this sleep regression kicks in then he needs to learn to self sooth himself back to sleep instead of needing his dummy all the time.
I don't want to move him in to his nursery in the next couple months and then have to keep getting up every time he loses his dummy. It's easy at the minute as he's right next to me in his next to me crib.
He goes to sleep really easy. I just put him down in his sleep bag and he's asleep within minutes most of the time. His day naps are a similar routine, but in his nursery, however sometimes he doesn't have none of it and ends up sleeping on me as that's the only way I can get him to stay asleep! Out of all of his sleep, this is no more than twice a day.
I've looked online for self soothing help but unless you subscribe and pay for it all, it doesn't really tell you much.
Tips and advice greatly received!
TIA

OP’s posts: |
lockdownpregnancy Mon 11-Jan-21 16:39:19

Anyone? 😢

OP’s posts: |
Iheardit Mon 11-Jan-21 21:07:09

Following as we are in the middle on the sleep regression (16 weeks)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in