17 month old co sleeping and night nursing - any ideas on gently weaning from both?

(2 Posts)
Crunchiecravings Fri 08-Jan-21 07:54:00

Have a look at the Facebook page called The Beyond Sleep Training Project. They are absolutely fantastic and the page is full of parents in the same situation as you. You will find gentle weaning information on there smile

RoxHarl Fri 08-Jan-21 07:48:34

Hi!

I'd be grateful for any ideas/experience smile
Our little girl has been a tough sleeper from the start and co sleeping and feeding on demand at night has saved my sleep sanity! It's, been lovely too! Now at 17 months I'd like to start getting her more used to sleeping in her own room and not being so reliant on nursing to go back to sleep.

I'm going to set up a floor bed (double mattress, she loves to move around!) in her room for her to start the night there, and instead of just bringing her in with us I will go into her.... She tends to wake every few hours, has a nurse and usually will go back to sleep, the only problem is I take longer to get back to sleep each time! I'm wondering how to gently get her less reliant... Or is it worth waiting a bit longer till she understands more... She does have a dummy and actually after she nurses she pops her dummy back in to go back to sleep, but still likes to stay very close.

At the moment she goes to bed around 7, has her book time, lights out, cuddles, a little nurse and happily drifts off so long as one of us is with her, then she tends to need resettled once during the evening, then she's in with us at our bedtime.
Grateful for hearing how anyone else did things.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in