Getting in to a routine

(3 Posts)
lou250820 Thu 07-Jan-21 20:21:04

Hey everyone I'm new to this and finding it hard he's a little bundle of joy and terror 😂I'm just thinking I'm going to need to get into a routine he's 4 months old

I'm wondering the best ways to try

Whats everyone's else's routines with there little ones 💙

OP’s posts: |
UPSmom Fri 08-Jan-21 01:59:41

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Sarahlouise86 Fri 08-Jan-21 08:26:06

I have used awake windows since my son was about 6 weeks to do our daily routine, this means it's pretty flexible if we want to go out (not at the moment 😭) or there's a bit of a hiccup with naps.

Our day generally consists of wake up, feed, play then nap around his awake window (currently 2 hours as he's 6 months old). It means his naps have gradually lengthened but has fewer of them as he's aged. I've kept his bedtime at around 7pm since he was about 8 weeks old.

For bedtime we have a routine of wake up from the last nap of the day, play, bath, bottle and then a quick song and cuddle then bed. I also make sure he has his penultimate bottle at no later than 4pm so he's hungry for his bedtime bottle at about 6.45pm.

I like structure to my day and I've found doing this has kept my sanity! He also seems to like it too. And also means when MIL/Mum have had the chance to look after him for the day, he's been easy as they just stuck to his routine.

The only issue I've had with this is when his awake windows changed. He went from 1 hour 15 mins to 2 hours in the space of a week. He suddenly was screaming when he went down for naps and I couldn't figure out why, turned out he just wanted to stay awake for longer.

Hope that helps smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in