21 month olds nap

(1 Post)
Hulahu Wed 06-Jan-21 16:33:58

I have a 21 month old who will only go to sleep for me if I have my hand on her chest. She will go down on her own for her dad, he just puts her in bed says goodnight to her and her teddies and asks her to go to sleep, she says okay and she falls asleep.

This has been fine as partner has been working from home so can go in and say goodnight and all is well. But he can no longer work from home so I have to be the one to put her to sleep. I have tried his method but it just doesn't work for me, she screams until I put my hand on her chest and if I try to take it away when she's not fully asleep she grabs my hand back to her chest. I don't usually mind having my hand on her chest to help her sleep but I am currently pregnant with our second and don't think I will be able to continue this when I'm heavily pregnant (I have to lean into her cot) and especially when the new one is here. It is the same at night but my partner is usually here to ask her to go to sleep. Second one due in the summer so I have a bit of time to sort it.

I should add that when she is asleep she sleeps well, naps usually 2 hours and sleeps through the night most nights.

Has anyone got any wise words of advice?

Thanks

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in