Baby sleeps too much?

(5 Posts)
micc Sat 02-Jan-21 09:36:43

So I want to start this by saying I really hope I dont come across like I'm bragging as I know a lot of people on here struggle with sleep. My heart goes out to you and I'm just trying to make sure I'm doing the right thing.
My DD is 9 weeks old and for the past week has been sleeping 9-10 hours. Is this normal? Should I be waking her? Also should I mention it to the doctor? - might seem extreme but I'm worried about her blood sugar levels.
I have already spoken to Health visitor on the phone who said to call the doctors if I'm really worried. But she is putting on weight, pooing (a lot!!), weeing... shes smiling and happy. I feel really thankful she seems so healthy. She has bad reflux, she was given gaviscon but I cant get it in her, she refuses a bottle. She is breast fed.
Sometimes after her long sleep.. she falls asleep again for an 2 hours and I get so worried I wake her up.
A couple days ago I set a plan to wake her at 4am ish as I was worried. But that night she happened to wake around that time and I was like oh ok, maybe she was just going through a growth spurt and she will start waking up again. But the past couple days she stays asleep! So should I wake her? My first was a good sleeper too but i swear she woke still at this point..
I hope I'm not rambling and you get the point. I googled it and there seems to be different answers everywhere.
Just wondered if anyone knew from experience.

OP’s posts: |
FATEdestiny Sat 02-Jan-21 11:21:14

Dont wake her, It's all good. Nothing at all to worry about.

Blue2021 Sat 02-Jan-21 12:04:45

My DS slept 8-5 from 8 weeks. He actually dropped his 2am feed at 4 weeks so went 10-5 then. Never woke him (even after HV told me too) as he was putting on weight etc. My auntie who is a Senior midwife told me to leave him lol. I wouldn’t worry too much. As long as DD is eating etc all should be fine. Xx

Playdoughcaterpillar Sat 02-Jan-21 12:08:21

Never wake a sleeping baby has always been my motto and worked out well for me. Only reason you should wake to feed would be premmies or not putting on weight. Your baby will shout when they're hungry. Enjoy the rest while you can!

micc Sat 02-Jan-21 14:03:08

Thank you for making me feel better everyone smile
Yeah she doesnt leave me alone in the day! Constantly feeding, luckily I have a bit of an over supply so it's not too much of an issue. smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in