2 year old - Night Waking

(3 Posts)
lee12345 Sat 26-Dec-20 08:58:04

Hi,

I'm hoping for some advice. Bit of backstory, my now 2 year old did not sleep through until 14 months old.. since then he slept great, from around 7-7 sometimes 7-6. Around 8 weeks ago he started waking through the night & crying out that it was dark, so we got him a nightlight. Now he doesn't want to go bed to at all, it's a fight to get him to sleep (he's still in a cot) & when he is asleep, he's waking up a lot & usually ending up in our bed. I know I'm not helping by bringing him in, but he also makes himself sick when we don't go & get him. I don't mean we are leaving him to cry so much he makes himself sick, he can literally be crying for less than a minute & he will be sick. I think he now knows I'll rush in & get him out & changed etc. I don't know if this is a coincidence but he moved up rooms at nursery around the same time & it just seems since then his sleep has gone downhill. He only goes 3 days a week, so that doesn't explain the other days. I'm desperate to sleep better again, but also for him, as he is not getting a good amount. We've tried cutting out/cutting down his 1 nap a day (although he's never been a great napper)
Sorry for the long story, just hoping someone could give me some tips
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
makinganavalon Sat 26-Dec-20 11:38:13

Ah,that sounds difficult. Has he got his molars yet? Could it be that?

CoffeeCheeseandCupcakes Sat 26-Dec-20 19:52:07

No advice, as I was coming to post a very similar thread. DS isn't quite 2yr yet, but suddenly refusing to go to sleep. DH and I take turns going back in and cuddling him, but it's taking about an hour to get him to sleep lately. And same with night wakings - we end up just bringing him into our bed and he sleeps there (eventually).

We did CC around 12mo - I'm thinking we're going to have to try that again as I just don't know what else to do.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in