Toddler bed to single bed, when?

(10 Posts)
FurloughOrNo Sun 20-Dec-20 14:07:50

DD, 4 has a toddler bed. It was a cot bed that converted into a toddler bed but she preferred co-sleeping so she’s only slept in it for about 6 months as a cot and 1 year (or so) as a bed. She has recently been saying she would like a bigger bed. Is it too soon?

OP’s posts: |
gotyerhat Sun 20-Dec-20 14:15:47

We did it at almost 4 because we moved house so it made sense. Why not ask your DD? She's old enough to understand at 4!

Parker231 Sun 20-Dec-20 14:18:36

We skipped the toddler beds and went from cots to regular beds. No problems.

welshweasel Sun 20-Dec-20 14:19:15

Mine went from cot to single bed at 2.5, our cot didn’t convert into a toddler bed!

legalseagull Sun 20-Dec-20 14:44:21

Both mine in normal single beds at 2

Muchtoomuchtodo Sun 20-Dec-20 14:46:53

Dc1 was about 4. He went into a full size single when dc2 needed the toddler bed

InTheLongGrass Sun 20-Dec-20 14:54:18

Mine stayed in his cotbed til 4.5 (we knew we were moving internationally a few months before his 4th birthday, and didnt want to buy a bed for a few months). By the time he moved out, he was getting quite big in it. I wouldnt have wanted to keep him there much longer. I'd say now is a good time to start looking for a bed as she is talking about it.

Advertisement

TyroTerf Sun 20-Dec-20 14:55:11

Not too soon, but equally not too late. If she wants a bigger one and you can afford it, you might as well, since you'd need to soon enough anyway.

We didn't upgrade from the cotbed until age six, and only then because DD's grandad thinks love can be bought wanted to buy her a mid-sleeper. Turns out DD did need the extra space - for her teddies!

FurloughOrNo Sun 20-Dec-20 19:16:38

Thanks all. Will start researching now then for January sales!

OP’s posts: |
Harrysmummy246 Tue 22-Dec-20 14:44:24

Never had a toddler bed. Had a floor bed single to cosleep from 14 mo and then to save space he went into the standard single about 2 with a bumper (or a mummy up til recently).

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in