13 month old struggling to settle at night

(5 Posts)
BobbyDazzler27 Sat 19-Dec-20 19:27:07

Hi there!! Really hope you can help
My 13 month old has just dropped from 2 naps to 1. She was having a little 20-30 mins nap around 9 ish and then a good afternoon nap around 1 ish for approx 2 hours.
However, she started taking so long to go off for her afternoon nap that I thought maybe best to try transition her to the one nap ( by dropping the morning one)
However, I’m beginning to think maybe I have done this too soon and perhaps she’s not ready?!
She is very tired in the morning trying to stretch her out but then she usually goes down for the afternoon nap now and has a solid 2-2 1/2 hours. I thought this was great as she’s having the one nap now and it’s usually guaranteed she will sleep well for it.
But now, as the title of the thread says, she is often struggling to go off at night. Has her bottle then sings for a bit, can hear her moving on the monitor , then turns to crying. Really beside herself. I go in and settle her, come out. It can sometimes take an hour or longer for her to then settle. It’s really stressful as also her room next to my older daughter
I just don’t kno what to do.
I just want her to get enough sleep and be content
I really hope someone sees this and has some advice for me - it will be much appreciated
Thank you in advance xxx

OP’s posts: |
Elle8999 Wed 23-Dec-20 07:02:02

Hey! Has bedtime improved at all? I have a 14 month old DS and he used to do this - turned out he wasn’t tired enough at bedtime and we fixed it by pushing his bedtime a bit. Is that something that might work for you? Xx

BobbyDazzler27 Wed 23-Dec-20 19:13:28

Hi Elle8999! Thank you so much for replying!
Oh really, does your little one nap in the day?
Bedtime is possibly improving a little!
She’s just had her vaccinations too 🙈
So was thinking going to be awful, but fingers crossed not too bad!
I’ve been trying to put her a little earlier for her main nap now, about 12 ish xx

Elle8999 Wed 23-Dec-20 20:08:40

So glad to hear!!! Yeah, he sleeps (on average) 12-2pm most days for his nap. Up at around 6.30am, bed at 7.15-30pm. If I give him his bath anytime earlier than 5 hours after his nap, he has a nightmare bedtime! That’s what’s working for us at the moment but could change any day... they love to keep you on your toes don’t they!! Hope it continues to improve for you xxxx

BobbyDazzler27 Wed 23-Dec-20 20:38:15

Aw wow your little one seems in such a good routine. Mine is so tired by 6 pm so in bed by then. She’s so tired in the morning too, prob wakes 6.30-7
I find that she is basically always tired! Wish I could stretch out bedtime more but feel she would get overtired! Anyway I hope that she settles and your little one stays settled for u too xxx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in