Emotional & tired mum -14month daughter

(3 Posts)
Mcphers Sat 12-Dec-20 21:43:50

Please, please can someone help me. Or tell me im not alone.
My daughter is fighting sleep constantly and has done for three months.
She began fighting two naps per day, so we tried to tailor her days to one, bringing bed time forward etc.
Its still not worked, but two naps aren't working either. Shes now having split nights, screaming her head off. We are resorting to bottles, reading books during the night and even the tv sometimes when her tantrums are so bad.
She is teething and getting calpol when needed. We have always used a stay and support approach at bed time, so perhaps it is the failure to keep using this technique when she is waking at night... but it is so hard after an hour or so when shes just getting more upset as time goes on sad but again because we use stay & support, sometimes lifting her makes her go even crazier. She never settles in bed with me, ive tried this too.
Could anyone please share their schedules for naps, bed times , awake times or techniques for night waking? I have no idea what else to try. With COVID I dont see other mums at clubs etc to ask advice either. Im so lost and feeling like im failing at parenting.

OP’s posts: |
JingleJohnsJulie Sat 12-Dec-20 21:51:29

I can imagine you're very tired. A that age mine were awake around 6 am, nap at around 1 till 3 pm. Tea at 5 pm followed by bat, books bed and lights out at 7pm.

If she's in pain, it's really not recommended to start any kink of sleep training, just try and look after yourself by getting a few early nights and taking it in urns to have a lie in when you can.

If you can, I'd have a read of the No Cry Sleep Solution and start implementing sone of the tips when she's not teething thanks

Thatwentbadly Sat 12-Dec-20 21:52:54

Cosleeping is my only sleep trick. My 16 months old is woken up at 7.15 ish if not already awake (to get ready for school run), nap from 12.30 to 1.45 (woken up at 1.45 or she won’t go to bed at night) asleep by about 8 at night. Wakes what feels like a million time a night it she just cuddles in a bf. My older girl was ff and didn’t have bottles at night but this age but she would also wake frequently and was cuddled back to sleep.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in