Cold turkey dummy removal with 5 month old

(2 Posts)
Hodge85 Sun 29-Nov-20 14:21:02

Hi,

Our 5 month old started to become really dependent on the dummy for sleep. To the point we had to keep replacing it through the night when he woke up upset. We decided to go cold turkey on Thursday and our nights have drastically improved, he's sleeping so much better, sleeps longer and goes down without much fuss. However, naps are a different story. He will whale and cry when we try to put him down, it takes a good 5 or so minutes until he's knackered himself out to go down. I give him lots of cuddles and reassurance but nothing seems to be working. Does anyone have any advice?

Also, if I can ask that you respect our decision to remove the dummy. It wasn't one we took lightly so any advice geared around not using it would be most appreciated. Thanks x

OP’s posts: |
Doublebubblebubble Sun 29-Nov-20 16:29:41

My eldest dc lost her binky at 5mos too. My youngest didn't have one at all. You do you op. Honestly it sounds like you're doing great. He is still going to sleep without the dummy. He's a bub. he's going to be fussy for a bit but that 5 minutes will soon turn into 3minutes and then no time at all.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in