Undone sleep training

(3 Posts)
CoconutMangos Sun 15-Nov-20 12:55:44

I have DS11mo. He was previously settling himself to sleep at night within 2-15 minutes. Great! I went back to work and he got a cold and since then (weds) he is screaming the house down in hysterics until I pick him up and he essentially drops off to sleep in my arms. I don't know what the hell to do. I obviously need to go back to the sleep training and start from the beginning but because he is older he just seems to understand that the more he creates I'll eventually pick him up. I can understand how it has unraveled so bloody quick. I worked really hard to get him to sleep by himself and now it's all gone to pot! Is this normal?

OP’s posts: |
peakotter Sun 15-Nov-20 17:41:35

Unfortunately yes. This is why I gave up on any sleep training that took any effort. I have three dc and all of them have regressed at the slightest thing. Travel or sickness are the worst.

Try to fix it gently but IMO no point trying too hard, this won’t be the first time. The only people I knew who had no setbacks had a very very strict schedule and never broke it.

CoconutMangos Sun 15-Nov-20 18:18:07

@peakotter thanks for responding. It's so depressing. I work nights every other week and wanted to make life easy for everyone. I guess I'll just have suck it up and get on with it. Fingers crossed for tonight!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in