13 month old sleep - help

(3 Posts)
Lils10 Sat 14-Nov-20 06:34:53

I am at a loss. My daughter has generally slept OK at night (except for early rising most days). Over the past month she has started to cry in her sleep, but remains sleeping. I thought at first it may be due to a cold and it would pass, but it is still going on a month later with no signs of stopping. She never wakes during the crying but it can be prolonged and happens 4-5 times a night now. I am exhausted. We have no idea why it’s happening. She’s well in herself during the day, have tried an extra layer in case she was cold, have tried going back to just formula before bed as we had started to introduce cows milk. Nothing makes a difference. Has anyone else been through this?!

OP’s posts: |
Disappointedkoala Sat 14-Nov-20 06:59:24

My older DD (nearly 3) does this quite frequently and has done for a while. She's always asleep and generally goes quiet after a short while, I just assumed it was a dream and would leave her unless she seemed to be really distressed. Any changes in routine? DD increased it a bit when she started nursery.

Lils10 Sat 14-Nov-20 08:27:54

She started nursery around 3 months ago, but it’s only seemed to happen as of a month ago! She has done sleep crying in the past, it’s just confusing us as to why it’s every single night now and without fail on and off from 4-6am when she’s up for the day! It can’t be a restful sleep and her naps in the day don’t seem to make up for it either.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in