Bouncing and Crying Bedtime

(5 Posts)
JH42 Wed 11-Nov-20 19:04:19

We have a 10 month old baby and recently he’s been really fighting going to sleep. We’ve have always been consistent on bedtime, but recently it’s been a nightmare. We give him his milk and then put him in his cot (after a burp). Within minutes, he cries uncontrollably and despite clearly being tired, won’t go back to sleep. Sometimes a second bottle of milk works, but even that now fails. I’m sure this is all a phase, but any advice ?

OP’s posts: |
Kevo07 Wed 11-Nov-20 19:19:10

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Ohalrightthen Wed 11-Nov-20 19:23:03

DD did this, turned out she was getting a cold and a couple of teeth! We just rode it out. Before, she'd been going to bed in her cot after a bath, all by herself and sleeping through, but for two weeks we had to cuddle, sing, rock, pat to sleep, sometimes for an hour or two, and all through the night. It was GRIM but we just pushed through it and when the teeth were through and the cold was gone she went back to sleeping through on her own again.

Take shifts with your DH, plan easy dinners, vent LOTS on here and repeat "this too shall pass" ad nauseam. Good luck mama.

JH42 Wed 11-Nov-20 20:17:41

Thank you. Really useful to know. It just feels like we’re doing everything right, yet suddenly it’s all wrong.

OP’s posts: |
S082018 Thu 12-Nov-20 21:37:59

I could have written your post OP! Going through the same with my 9 month old currently. I'm finding it really tough.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in