23 week old refuses to go to sleep at night.

(2 Posts)
Katnip0520 Mon 02-Nov-20 19:53:32

For at least 3/4 weeks now my 23 week old, who used to go to sleep like a dream, has been fighting to stay awake at bed time.

She naps during the day in her cot and I have little to no issue getting her to nap for 45-1.5 hours sometimes 2 hours during the day 2/3 times a day.

Come 7pm she refuses to sleep. We have a bedtime routine which starts at 6, and she will often fall asleep at the breast or after rocking. I can often put her down and then 10 minutes later she’s wide awake. I’ll feed her/rock her again, she’ll fall asleep, 10 minutes later she’s awake again.

We do this again and again for hours sometimes until 22:30!

Short of starting bed time at 4pm, we often spend all evening trying to settle her until she finally goes and then we go to bed.

Once she’s down she often sleeps well, only waking once or twice over night.

I’m just at the end of my rope. I’m exhausted physically from feeding and rocking and mentally, I have no time to myself, I can’t even drink a cup of tea before she’s awake again.

My husband is brilliant and helps out too but it means one of us is always with her and we have no time together.

What am I doing wrong? What can I do to help her stay asleep??

OP’s posts: |
londongirl12 Mon 02-Nov-20 20:14:18

Can you reduce the day time naps?
I had trouble with my DS, I used the Little Ones programme and now he sleeps like a dream!!!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in