3yo very early waking since clock change

(6 Posts)
JLG25 Mon 08-Mar-21 06:42:49

Advice Please. My 3.5 year old was an amazing sleeper until he turned 3, now he wakes as early as 5am, we treat this at the middle of the night and don’t allow him up until 7am. He is miserable and impossible all day he is so exhausted. We all are!!! We’ve tried earlier to bed, later to bed, naps, no naps. Nothing changes it. please help

Jeni1206 Wed 28-Oct-20 18:36:11

Hi SebastianTheCrab, thanks for your reply. I really hope things improve for you soon. Please let me know if you find anything that helps!

My LO normally goes down at 7, he's really tired by then and no problems getting him to sleep. Then would wake at 5.30 ish. Now it's 7-4.30. I will experiment with an earlier bedtime if no improvement by the weekend.

OP’s posts: |
SebastianTheCrab Wed 28-Oct-20 09:05:15

I'm sorry I don't have any advice - I literally came on here to post a similar thread about my 3-5 year old. I also have insomnia and the combination is literally killing me. Mine was a goo sleeper until a month ago, then started waking up at 5.30. We sort of managed to bring it back up and the clock change has set us back. (Honestly whoever came up with the clocks changing every 6 months - I hope they're roasting on a spitfire in hell.)

What time does yours go to bed? I do find that counter intuitively the earlier they go to bed the longer they sleep.

We've just introduced the Gro Clock this week and it's doing nothing btw. Anyone have Gro Clock advice?

Jeni1206 Wed 28-Oct-20 08:16:50

Hi, thanks for your reply. I'm glad your little one has adjusted, and thanks for advice.
We tried it just a few months ago (when I was moaning about the 5.30 starts, which I'd now be okay with!). He just ignored it and still created a fuss, unfortunately.

Qwertywerty3 Wed 28-Oct-20 06:40:58

How recently have you tried the groclock? We introduced one recently (my child is now 3.5) and it works a treat.

We are putting her to bed at the normal “new” time and meals all at normal new time and she’s gradually waking up later. Still asleep now (6:40) so seems to have adjusted.

Jeni1206 Wed 28-Oct-20 06:05:13

Hi all. My 3yo has been an early riser for a while (5 30ish), since Sunday and the clock change, this is now obviously 4.30! No signs of adjusting yet, I know it hasn't been long but I'm starting to panic!

I've tried keeping him up a bit later but no difference at all in when he wakes the next day (he's just more tired and grumpy as he's had less sleep). I've adjusted all his meal times to help reset his body clock but no luck yet. I leave him in his room for as long as possible but can't do it for long as he gets really noisy and wakes his sibling. Gro Clock tried but no luck.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice? I'd happily take a 5.30 start, would feel like a lie in!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in