Please help and advise

(4 Posts)
mrssunshinexxx Tue 27-Oct-20 22:22:49

My lo is 4.5m old and from about 9-12 weeks old she was either sleeping through or waking once and now it has gone to shit she cannot connect ANY sleep cycles she's waking every 50/60 minutes I am broken
I need to start doing something but I do not want to leave her to cry I also wanted to keep her in our room until she was much older e.g 18/24m but I don't think that's gunna work

My issue is next door is an air B and B and the adjoining walls are between her nursery and it's often so loud with bloody holiday makers. Makes me really stressed the thought of them waking her up we can't swap rooms because hers is much smaller also up until about 4 night ago when she woke she would wake me chattering now she goes from 0-60mph very fast there's no way leaving her 10 mins or any length or time would do anything other than severely piss her off and make her impossible to settle

Pleas help someone x

OP’s posts: |
mrssunshinexxx Tue 27-Oct-20 22:23:53

Should add she is BF or rocked to sleep ( I know )
I have tried to give her a dummy several times but she just isn't interested
She's definitely teething

Sparklykins Tue 27-Oct-20 23:41:25

Sounds like the 4 month sleep regression, where they start sleeping in cycles and need to learn to sew them together.

A couple of things you can try:

While you're feeding to sleep, take her hand and stroke her face with it so she creates an association between stroking her face and falling asleep. She will then be able to do that herself when she stirs.

Try to reduce the comfort bit by bit. So instead of feeding just hold her, then hug her in the crib, then hold her hand etc.

I wouldn't worry too much about the noise. Mine got used to a loud dog after a couple of nights and now doesn't even stir when he barks.

mrssunshinexxx Wed 28-Oct-20 00:35:50

Thanks @Sparklykins defo gunna try the hand thing and yes defo regressing

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in