Another 'help me' sleep thread!

(3 Posts)
ginandgingers92 Mon 26-Oct-20 22:36:40

My daughter is 8 months old so i need to start really addressing her naps and night sleeps, but I have no idea where to start. I can't remember what we did with DS 2.5... I wish I did though because he sleeps like a dream.

We are in that awful situation of feeding her or rocking her to sleep in the buggy. Sometimes if I BF her and she falls into a deep sleep, I can put her down in her next2me and she stays there for a few hours. But, once she wakes up at night (still every 3 hours) there is no way to get her back to sleep unless I feed her or she is rocked in the buggy again...

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to help her fall asleep without these 2 things?!

I don't want to go down the 'cry it out' route.

🀞🏼🀞🏼

OP’s posts: |
Keha Tue 27-Oct-20 22:18:02

I don't have any suggestions as in a similar boat. We don't use the buggy, but we do rock or I bf, and then I end up cosleeping part of the night. I feel like we might need to be more consistent with getting her back to sleep/keeping her in the cot. I've also wondered about putting her in fully awake, or getting dad to do that to see if she can get herself to sleep. Putting her in drowsy leads to hysterical screaming. If you get any where with it please share your advice!

ginandgingers92 Wed 28-Oct-20 22:52:02

@Keha I think I need to be more consistent too; maybe take a week and know it'll be hell, but try to sort the sleeping. We co sleep towards early morning too, because it's the only way she'll stay asleep from 4am!

Fingers crossed to us both finding an answer soon 🀞🏼

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in