Co Sleep Question

(16 Posts)
howsoonisnow85 Mon 26-Oct-20 20:57:18

Evening all, I co sleep with my DD & that works well for us but now she is getting more mobile Im worried about leaving her on my bed for naps & before I join her in the evening. What do other co-sleepers do? Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
Buzlightyear1 Mon 26-Oct-20 21:01:34

I’m not much help I’ve always co slept but I always go to bed the same time as my son. Not much help to you sorry. But could you get some safety bars in the bed ? My son actually crawls around in his sleep so I use them even though I’m in the bed with him. I do get woken up at 1am by a laughing crawling child which can be a bit scary🤦‍♀️

Nightmanagerfan Mon 26-Oct-20 21:02:37

I co-sleep but only from the first waking of the fit so DS goes to sleep in his cot first - would that work?

howsoonisnow85 Mon 26-Oct-20 21:03:03

Oh thankyou, I didnt know there was such a thing so will have a google now!

Thatwentbadly Mon 26-Oct-20 21:04:25

Safety rails are only safe from 18 months. We have put our mattress on the floor.

howsoonisnow85 Mon 26-Oct-20 21:04:56

Thanks @Nightmanagerfan, I do have a cot but DD really doesnt like it & I havent made a big effort to get her to sleep in there. Do you use a cot for naps too?

howsoonisnow85 Mon 26-Oct-20 21:06:39

@Thatwentbadly so totally got rid of your bed frame?

Advertisement

Nightmanagerfan Mon 26-Oct-20 21:08:54

DS has only had three naps in his cot in his whole life! He napped in a sling when he was little and now in his buggy (he’s 18m so one nap a day.) he does sleep well in the cot for the first 5/6 hrs of the night, then gets in with us

Thatwentbadly Mon 26-Oct-20 21:11:16

howsoonisnow85

*@Thatwentbadly* so totally got rid of your bed frame?

Its in the baby’s room for now. It’s wooden so we have the slats under the mattress.

howsoonisnow85 Mon 26-Oct-20 21:11:32

Thanks! I maybe need to start using the cot then!

Screwcorona Mon 26-Oct-20 21:12:25

I used to have a cheap extra single mattress under my bed and pull it out for bedtime in case he fell off when I was downstairs. Cot (that he never slept in 😅)was pushed up to the foot of the bed and the other side of bed was against the wall.

I had video monitor so would hear and see him stir. He never fell

howsoonisnow85 Mon 26-Oct-20 21:18:55

Thanks @Screwcorona ! I do have a video monitor so she would have to move pretty quick to roll off!

bandbsmummy Mon 26-Oct-20 21:19:13

Yes, we've gone for mattress on the floor with both DC.

TillyTheTiger Mon 26-Oct-20 21:24:51

With DS I had a floor bed. Now with DD she falls asleep in my bed then I transfer her to the cotbed in the corner of my room for naps and the first part of the night. She sleeps for a few hours in there, then comes into my bed at some point during the night. I have a long bolster cushion along her edge of the bed under the sheet so she doesn't fall out. DH is in the spare room, but even before we had kids he was in there fairly frequently because his snoring makes me want to smother him with a pillow

Harrysmummy246 Tue 27-Oct-20 14:24:49

Thatwentbadly

Safety rails are only safe from 18 months. We have put our mattress on the floor.

We did the same- single bed on slats in DS room. He fell out once or twice and stayed asleep.

I used to head in and join him after first wake up

Keha Tue 27-Oct-20 21:20:39

DD is 7 months and we now put her in a cot in her own room till I come to bed. I sometimes settle her to sleep in my bed and transfer but mainly feed to sleep in our room, then put her down. I do usually have to resettle once or twice until I go to bed.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in