Pyjamas

(18 Posts)
Meepmeeep Sun 25-Oct-20 11:59:20

Stupid question of the day alert here. My one year old was gifted some lovely pyjama sets for their birthday. We never use pyjamas as they sleep in a sleeping bag. Can you put them in a sleeping bag with pyjamas? We don’t want the pjs to go to waste as they really are beautiful.

OP’s posts: |
AriettyHomily Sun 25-Oct-20 12:02:16

Mine always wore pjs in their sleeping bags. What does she wear now?

NoGoodPunsLeft Sun 25-Oct-20 12:02:28

DD would wear a long sleeve, full trousers thing (romper? Sleep suit? Can't reminder what they're called!) in bed in her sleeping bag so presumably pyjamas would be the equivalent.

NoGoodPunsLeft Sun 25-Oct-20 12:02:43

What does she wear now?

TheGhostofGlumy Sun 25-Oct-20 12:03:28

Yes, you can put a sleeping bag over pyjamas, just check the tog against the room temperature. Has the bag just gone over a nappy this whole time? I thought it was normal to have one layer under the bag or the arms would get cold?

Meepmeeep Sun 25-Oct-20 12:10:31

They just wear a long sleeve bodysuit. I’m sure I read that pyjamas weren’t recommended under a sleeping bag, so just wondered what people did as they are too little for duvet etc.
On a side note, nowhere did I state my child was a girl?

Ignoringequally Sun 25-Oct-20 12:14:46

We’ve always used pyjamas with sleeping bags (for 3 children, male and female). Can’t be arsed with the poppers on sleepsuits. Not sure why they wouldn’t be recommended? Even on the grobag temperature guidance it has pictures of pyjamas.

Advertisement

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Sun 25-Oct-20 12:16:22

Mine always had a vest and sleepsuit under their sleeping bag apart from in the height of summer. So I'd use pyjamas in place of the sleepsuits.

Alternatively, exchange the pyjamas for ones 12 months bigger then the little one will be probably out of sleeping bag by then.

Meepmeeep Sun 25-Oct-20 12:23:26

I guess it’s one of those things you read somewhere and it sticks with you, but I’ll start using the pjs from tonight. All the sleeping bags I’ve used have never referenced pjs just long and short sleeve bodysuits and sleep-suits. smile

Ignoringequally Sun 25-Oct-20 12:26:56

But logically, why would pyjamas be an issue?

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Sun 25-Oct-20 12:28:40

But sleepsuits are pyjamas

Meepmeeep Sun 25-Oct-20 12:34:20

Issue resolved - no need for your snarky, superior responses.

BernadetteRostankowskiWolowitz Sun 25-Oct-20 12:34:48

hmm

Ignoringequally Sun 25-Oct-20 12:35:49

Meepmeeep

Issue resolved - no need for your snarky, superior responses.

confused

Lilybet1980 Sun 25-Oct-20 12:43:14

The problem with PJs with a sleeping bag is that if the top rides up it can bunch up and be uncomfortable/leave their middle feeling cold. I’ve always used either a bodysuit or a full length sleep suit depending on temperature.

Lilybet1980 Sun 25-Oct-20 12:44:16

I also think a bodysuit holds a nappy in place better if they are particularly wriggly!

movingonup20 Sun 25-Oct-20 12:55:40

It's up to you, everyone's houses are different. As for too small for duvets, mine had cot beds from 14 months with duvets, before that blankets - why sleeping bags are being used when not in a tent confuses me, my niece and nephew use blankets (babies now) and older nephew (18 mos) a duvet

Ignoringequally Sun 25-Oct-20 12:57:01

Lilybet1980

The problem with PJs with a sleeping bag is that if the top rides up it can bunch up and be uncomfortable/leave their middle feeling cold. I’ve always used either a bodysuit or a full length sleep suit depending on temperature.

Hadn’t really thought of that, as it hasn’t been an issue with any of my three children. Theoretically it could happen though.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in