10 month old sleep nightmare

(4 Posts)
JessieDeFrog Sun 18-Oct-20 21:21:15

Help please!

I have a 3 yo who has always been a good sleeper. My 10 month old, not so much.
Since birth, he has been a bad sleeper, only falling asleep on the boob and generally getting him down for a few hours at a time (I know, very bad habit but between lock down and building work, it just didn't get sorted).
This all isn't helped that he won't take a bottle.
It's gotten to the point now that he seems TRAUMATISED to be near his bed and Dh and I are at breaking point.
I did controlled cry with my 1st but this boy is still super upset when I pick him up, so not sure if that will work.

Oh, he also doesn't nap during the day, only about 20mins x2 on the boob

Any advice? How long is too long to let him scream? How can I get him on the cup/bottle. Is it wrong to get into his bed to calm him then try crawl out?(that didn't work last night - He woke up)

OP’s posts: |
MasksGlovesSoapScrubs Sun 18-Oct-20 21:29:52

What works for other people. Wouldn't work for you. Just do what you have to and what suits your family the best smile.

His crying could probably be over tiredness if he doesn't nap. My DS is 15 months and has 30 minutes in the morning and 2hrs in the afternoon. You must be so tired so I really do feel for you.

My son does not like being put in the room by himself. He'll quite happily settle in his travel cot we have put up in the front room and then transferred to his cot. That works for us and him. People will say I shouldn't do it but it works for us so that's all that matters grin.

JessieDeFrog Sun 18-Oct-20 22:47:40

Thank you.

Feeling a lot of guilt for not nipping the issues in the bud.
My DH somehow managed to get him to sleep in his bed, possibly because he was exhausted from screaming confused
Perhaps the idea of changing around his bed might help. May give it a go tomorrow.

DH has had the thought that DS has separation issues from me (or more accurately, my boobs). Let's see if he will have better luck tomorrow.

OP’s posts: |
Booksandstuff Mon 23-Nov-20 22:55:23

Hi OP, just wondered how you are getting on? Your story sounds horribly familiar...feel at breaking point from the sleep deprivation! Has anything worked for you?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in