1 year scared of room/cot

(3 Posts)
mumtobeinsept Fri 02-Oct-20 11:35:25

Hi guys,

Looking for some advice please. I sleep trained my daughter about 2-3 months ago and she was sleeping by herself and through the night. She turned 1 a couple of weeks ago. All we used to do was put her in the sleep sack, tell her it's sleepy time, give her a cuddle and put her down and she would settle herself.

Since Sunday she has been howling when we put her in the cot. Never seen her cry like this before. During the day she's as happy as could be. Routine has stayed the same and she's all happy until we put her down.

We've been reluctantly bringing her to our bed which isn't really working. She just lays there for ages and sometimes wants to play. If we get her to sleep finally we transfer her to the cot but she is such a light sleeper and keeps waking up as soon as we move her.

Anyway last night was the worse one yet, it took 2 hours to get her down. She finally slept at 9.30 and was up again at 1.45 and I couldn't get her down again until just before 5am! Then she was up for the day at 7.

Before this she was going bed at 7.45 and waking up 6.30-7 everyday. I hate seeing her in such distress and no idea how to fix it. We're exhausted too as we both need to be up for work early morning.

I really don't know what's going on with her. Took her to the GP and he checked her ears for infection and all was ok.

Has anyone encountered this? Pls help ☹️

OP’s posts: |
mumtobeinsept Sat 03-Oct-20 20:15:50

Anyone??

OP’s posts: |
Emmap85 Tue 06-Oct-20 11:07:58

@mumtobeinsept

Hi we have the same type thing with our DS. He's 1 on Saturday and always was pretty good at sleeping through the night in his own cot/bedroom and starting settling himself to sleep as well. Since about 5 weeks ago he wont even go in his cot at bedtime-just screams & screams. We have taken it in turns co sleeping with him in the bed which is in his room near his cot. As soon as we put him on the bed he settles himself fine and goes to sleep.

I wish now we had never put him in the bed with us as I think he just expects it now. I just am struggling to understand how it all changed. It was pretty much when I went back to work so whether that had something to do with it I don't know.

Im gearing up to do sleep training after his birthday. we tried the other night and he just hysterically cried and was so wound up for an hour we couldn't bear it anymore sad

Let me know how you get on?

I notice you mention ear infection and that was all clear, but do you think that could be a reason?

xx

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in