18 month old suddenly screaming and crying during sleep or before bedtime.

(7 Posts)
Mella91 Fri 25-Sep-20 20:06:56

18 month old is suddenly screaming and crying usually in middle of sleep or sometimes (very rare) right before bedtime. This has been going on for a week now and it lasts about 90 minutes to 2 hours. He cries, screams, throws himself around and nothing can calm him down. We cuddle him, soft talk, sing to him, talk to him yet nothing seems to calm him down at all.

Does anyone know what this is???

OP’s posts: |
Foggymist Fri 25-Sep-20 20:08:36

Ear infection?

ShinyGreenElephant Fri 25-Sep-20 20:14:39

Night terrors? My goddaughter started with them just before she turned 2. Absolutely horrible but she didn't used to remember them in the morning

DonaldTrumpsChopper Fri 25-Sep-20 20:16:10

Night terrors? DS2 had thrm, always within 2 hours of falling asleep. I used to bring him downstairs, then he'd settle and sleep.

Cheese for tea made them worse.

Mella91 Fri 25-Sep-20 20:18:32

@Foggymist Could it be? I gave him some calpol yesterday before bedtime, thinking he may be teething yet nothing changed. He still cried a lot and threw himself around.

Wouldn't Calpol help with an ear infection?

Mella91 Fri 25-Sep-20 20:19:56

hmmm.. can night terrors happen right before bedtime? Sometimes it happens before bedtime. He comes over cries and cuddles and when I put him down he crawls for a cuddle while crying? Does this sound like night terrors?

Foggymist Fri 25-Sep-20 20:32:14

If an ear infection was bad, or lingering or causing glue ear calpol might not do anything. Worth checking with gp.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in