2year old starting to wake through the night

(4 Posts)
Thunder212 Tue 15-Sep-20 11:17:47

My 2 year old little boy has slept 12+hours from 5months old and always went to bed awake and settled himself no bother. About a month ago we changed his cot into a toddler bed with a guard. When going to bed he needs one of us lying beside him for him to settle and he is now waking in the middle of the night (anywhere between 2am -5am) screaming and shouting for me or dad. He has a stair gate on his bedroom door so stands there screaming. He will only settle if me or dad go into his bed or he comes into ours. I tried leaving him last night to see if he would go back to bed but his screams got louder and I just couldn’t leave him. We got him a new night light, put glow in the dark stars above his bed but these make no difference. Has anyone got any tips or experiences? Thank you x

OP’s posts: |
eshape Tue 15-Sep-20 19:59:32

We are currently going through the same thing! We changed to a "big boy bed" about 2 weeks ago and since then his sleeping is out the window, fighting bedtimes, waking through the night and early waking! Both me and my partner are being as consistent as possible returning him to his bed not saying much but it doesn't seem to be working currently! So I feel your pain!!

F1rstt1imer Tue 15-Sep-20 21:18:41

Same here with our DD 23 months. Sleeping through is still ok as she will only wake up once and thankfully but will go back after a drink. But bedtimes are a nightmare between 30-60mins or walking her back to bed and then waking nearly an hour earlier than usual and not going back to sleep despite being walked back to bed every time 😫 Hoping that consistency will eventually win out and she’ll learn to stay in bed!

Thunder212 Tue 15-Sep-20 22:30:15

Aw it’s nice to know it’s not only happening in our house ! Hopefully we will all get back to a normal routine soon! I’ve stopped naps during the day and he is just like a tornado all day non stop so you would think he would sleep all night!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in