Talk

Advanced search

sleeping on front at 10m

(7 Posts)
smallwhitecat Thu 04-Oct-07 22:36:09

Message withdrawn

QueenofBleach Thu 04-Oct-07 22:39:22

DD did this from when she could roll over and has slept on her front from about 7/8 months, we alwasy put her on her back but thats how she wants to sleep, as long as they are capable of rolling back over then I think its' OK but sure someone with more experience will come along.

Jojay Thu 04-Oct-07 22:39:26

My ds has slept on his front (his choice) since about 8 months, and I don't worry about it.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it's not dangerous once they can move around themselves.

Haven't a clue how I would stop him anyway...... grin

smallwhitecat Thu 04-Oct-07 22:41:19

Message withdrawn

dylanandellie Thu 04-Oct-07 23:05:02

Once they can roll over and lift up head, its fine. Don't roll him back just make sure he doesn't get too hot. My ds slept on front from 7 months and still does now.

MaeBee Fri 05-Oct-07 09:49:22

its fine once they can turn over! and its such a relief they find a more comfy sleeping position! my lo never sleeps on his back anymore.

Seona1973 Fri 05-Oct-07 20:09:16

my ds also sleeps on his tummy and has done from around 6 months. The official advice from the SIDS website is this:

My baby keeps rolling onto the front. What should I do?

If your baby is less than six months old and you find him sleeping on his tummy, gently turn him onto his back. Don’t feel you need to keep getting up all night to check on this. After six months, babies can usually roll onto their backs themselves, so leave him to find his own position. Whatever your babies age, always place them to sleep on the back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now