Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Grobags Question Please Help

(9 Posts)
SIM78 Thu 27-Sep-07 16:55:47

Hi
I was wondering if any one can help please. I have two little ones one is 19mths and the other is 7mths. The cut a long story short the 19 mth co shares with me since she was 8mths. The 7mths old sleeps in her on bed next to mine. I have never used a gro bags for dd1 as she was always covered in bed with me. My dd2 however sleeps by her self and now as it is getting cold is it worth putting her in a grobag or covering her. I know you aren't really meant to cover babies. I have a couple of those fleece babygrows to keep her warm. But she is one of those babies who don't like being hot and she tends to roll around a lot in the night when she sleeps. Is it worth putting her in a grobag..

Help please many thanks

Meglet Thu 27-Sep-07 19:08:47

You could get a 0.5 tog Grobag to keep the chill off her if she doesn't like being too warm. I've used Grobags since my DS was 8 weeks, he's 10 months now and I swear they help him sleep.

SIM78 Thu 27-Sep-07 21:08:48

Thanks meglet I will have a look out for one and give it a go

PanicPants Thu 27-Sep-07 21:12:08

I've always used grobags, and have several of 0.5, 1.0 and 2.5 togs. It depends on the temperature in ds' room as to which tog he goes in. They each come with a thermonitor which tells you what tog to wear, plus what clothes to have on underneath according to the temperature of the bedroom.

I don't think ds would sleep without one tbh.

Jojay Thu 27-Sep-07 21:13:57

They are fab I agree. I'd give it a go now it's getting chillier.

coleyboy Thu 27-Sep-07 21:21:55

Grobags are one of the best things invented. DS was in one when he was a couple of weeks old. He is now 14 mo and is still in them.

pooka Thu 27-Sep-07 21:38:14

Grobags are fantastic.
Personally I'd stick with 0.5 or 1 tog ones. They are more flexible IMO since you can add clothes if the room is too cold. With the 2.5 tog ones, the room here is never really cold enough to hav ea baby in anything more than a short sleeve vest even in midwinter.

SIM78 Mon 01-Oct-07 14:06:58

Thank you all for your help

jorange5 Mon 01-Oct-07 17:35:50

growbags are crap because they go all bobbly inside which means it feels all scratchy. The ones from tesco and mothercare are cheaper and far better quality.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now