Talk

Advanced search

getting rid of bottle!water down or just get rid?

(6 Posts)
moljam Mon 24-Sep-07 20:42:03

weve been doing sort of cc with ds but ended up being more about listening to his cries(and realise much of it wasnt wanting anything,just making a noise!) than much else.for a week and a half it was fantastic,then he got a cold,then we thought had broken nose(luckily didnt)so i returned to giving him milk in the night although he continues to go bed on his own.i know his sleep problems are my fault for giving him bottle so need to know how others did it.do i water down his milk?or just do no bottle?and if so should i stop bottle day and night or just night?

who would believe i have 2 older children!!grincant remember a thing.

moljam Mon 24-Sep-07 21:47:00

anyone?

suss Mon 24-Sep-07 22:00:36

I would go cold turkey. He is going to be cross with the watered down milk and then cross when you take the water away - I can't deal with lots of cross so I'd just get rid of it ( the bottle, not the baby) btw how old? Could never do CC i knew my bottle would go ha ha. I went the whole hog and bathed fed and put him to bed and shut the door, so you may disapprove of my cold turkey approach. Good Luck

moljam Mon 24-Sep-07 22:04:32

hes 21 months.
i dont get what you mean that you did?cry it out?

suss Tue 25-Sep-07 13:31:49

yep i'm afraid so - I was knackered and I didn't have any support at the time - you know dh in denial and my mum had died about a year before. DB would scream for ages with me holding him so I figured it would be better if he just learnt to go sleep and in fact he cried less and went to sleep quicker than all cuddling etc.

lizandlulu Tue 25-Sep-07 20:42:09

my dd is 2 in october and has just, and i mean just started to sleep through. tonight will be her 5th night. i was going to try the watered down milk, or just offering water, but i didnt have the guts to do it. at the end of the day, i work 3 days a week, and am knackered enough without having a screaming child who wont settle. i was giving her a bottle anywhere between 2 and 5, and she would drink it straight down, and settle straight after. the whole thing took less than 10 mins. and i would have carried on doing that until she didint have to have it, or i got pregnant aging.
if she needs a bottle in the night cause she is hungry, who am i to deny her that? if i need a dring in the night, i get one, so why shouldnt she?
my point is, they grow out of these things. everything is just a phase and will pass.

eventually!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: