Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else have a real problem with naps (your own!)

(7 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Sun 16-Sep-07 07:59:44

If I ever have a nap (sleep in the afternoon, or get up in the morning then go back to bed) I wake up with a sort of headache, and a dreadful mood.

Even if I desperately need the sleep, napping just doesn't seem worth it. (I think a lie in is ok, as long as I don't get up at all before it.)

Does anyone else get this? It's really annoying for me, and probably worse for my family. blush (Yesterday I fixed it by going out for a run, and came back fine - I guess it clears up after an hour or something?)

whoops Sun 16-Sep-07 08:02:43

If I ever have a nap I feel groggy and moody (usually because I have been woken before I needed!)

NotQuiteCockney Sun 16-Sep-07 08:05:10

Yeah, I wonder if the being woken is part of it - but I wasn't exactly woken this time. And I think I have the problem even if I'm not woken ...

Every few years, I forget about this, or really really need a nap, and have one ... and I wake up feeling jetlagged.

Thing is, I'm generally, well, also just furious. Really easily made angry. It's really horrid. blush

TheHerdNerd Sun 16-Sep-07 08:07:53

I'm a very good napper! The point with naps is that they have to be SHORT. 30 mins max, and you shouldn't be too comfortable. That's why a sofa is best, with the curtains open so that there's light.

It's if you fall too deeply asleep that you wake up all fuzzy and cranky. For a nap you just want a few minutes light sleep, to chase away the yawns and let you focus again.

whoops Sun 16-Sep-07 08:08:25

It's the moodiness that I get from being woken early whether it be in the morning or from a nap I need 5/10 mins to myself to come round usually!
The feeling groggy is usually from haveing a nap (which doesn't happen very ofen usually if I have a hangover am ill)

NotQuiteCockney Sun 16-Sep-07 08:13:14

Ah, yes, I'm feeling a bit -hungover- tired this morning, but am not contemplating a nap, am a single mum for the week, so naps a non-starter.

I should try the drowsy thing, it's true that I've got along fine with not quite falling properly asleep before. If I fall all the way asleep, I need to get three hours at least.

(Came in after 2am last night. DS1 woke. I went to sleep around 2:45, and DS2 woke me at 6am. Gah.)

NotQuiteCockney Sun 16-Sep-07 08:14:22

Ah, apparently it's the sort of hangover exhaustion that keeps one from successfully using new MN features. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now