Toddler not sleeping since the lockdown

(4 Posts)
Tractorlcw Sat 18-Apr-20 08:12:56

Hello,
My two year slept through reasonably regularly up until a couple of weeks ago and now she's waking up at midnight screaming for me and her daddy and won't settle in her own bed, we have to bring her in with us, not ideal but it means we do get a bit of sleep. We keep her busy, she spent almost all of yesterday outside playing I was convinced we'd done enough to tire her out. We were wrong. Is anyone else experiencing similar problems since lockdown?

OP’s posts: |
Kirstiesmith1234 Sat 18-Apr-20 09:08:32

Literally the same here. We have a two year old who was sleeping fine, now getting up at 2am and coming to get me to sleep in bed with him. We've had lots of chances though, eg. He was at nursery full time, I worked from home. Now I'm having to drive hours to work in an office as my company won't let me work we're there could be any noise!!! So I've figured this won't go on forever and routine will return at some point. I'm just embracing the extra hugs I've missed when I've been driving miles to an office 😀

Pixie26 Tue 21-Apr-20 23:14:35

🙋🏻‍♀️ Same here!
My 2.5yo little boy is an absolute nightmare since lockdown, he wasn't the best before it but defo much worse now, like he hates being in his own bed, whatever time he wakes in the night it's game over and he's in with us! We've put a little mattress on the floor next to the bed, he still takes a lot of persuading to go to sleep there but he does eventually xx

Pediatrician321 Sun 17-Jan-21 01:05:50

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in