Talk

Advanced search

When do they start waking at a horrible time??

(12 Posts)
fizzbuzz Thu 13-Sep-07 20:30:59

Dd 14 months old, has always slept until about 7.45 am.

This last week it has suddenly beome 6.20-6.30. She seems to need quite a lot of sleep (or did!)So I don't know if this is permanent sad or a wee blip! She seems tired and grumpy all the time (although I think she is teething as well), and had to have 2 naps today, when she normally has one.

Any advice?

whomovedmychocolate Thu 13-Sep-07 20:33:25

Yes, STOP BLOODY COMPLAINING! DD is eleven months and has NEVER slept past 5!

Seriously your DD is probably teething, it'll pass. Don't let her nap too much otherwise she'll get into the habit of not sleeping so long at night.

fizzbuzz Thu 13-Sep-07 20:38:28

Sorry....will creep away and hide under a stone.blush 5.00am is a dreadful time.......she does wake up about 4 times a night though, if it makes it a bit more bearable

whomovedmychocolate Thu 13-Sep-07 20:41:53

Nope, so does DD and sometimes she cons me because she wakes up and hides the clock in her room so I think it's morning and bf the little monkey. Then I realise it's only 1am blush

Actually now I feel worse because I know that at 14 months this will probably still be going on shock

But I do hope your DD settles down soon. Have you tried giving infant nurofen at bedtime - the pain builds up you see (according to my dentist - so they wake up earlier, whereas if you give them nurofen, it doesn't (well it does but then it's later so you don't mind them waking up).

fizzbuzz Thu 13-Sep-07 20:44:49

Aaah interesting tip, ta. Am now about to rush out to a late night chemist

Olihan Thu 13-Sep-07 20:46:20

Ha, ha, ha. You think 6am is early? 6am is a lie in in our house grin. Now 4:30/5am , that really is a horrible time to wake up. (Thanks to my ds2 I have a whole new concept on what time constitutes 'early'!)

TBH, could be all sorts of things. Have you tried lying next to her or stroking her head or doing whatever you do at bedtime to try and get her back to sleep? I'm sure you probably have.

The only real advice I can give is to go to bed earlier yourself while she's in this phase and take it in turns with your dh/dp, if you have one, to have a lie in n a weekend morning. and I agree with whomoved about not letting her 'catch up' on sleep during the day, especially in the morning. If she's wanting to go back to sleep before about 9:30 she'll probably be using it as a bit of an extension of her night sleep so try to push her through to nearer lunchtime if you can bear it.

Hopefully it will be a short lived phase, especially if it's teeth related, ds1 and dd go through it sporadically (only with them it's 5am) for no rhyme or reason and stop as suddenly as they started after a couple of weeks or so.

fizzbuzz Thu 13-Sep-07 20:55:34

Feel guilty for posting now....blush, feel I should perhaps count my blessings < rushes off to look at slumbering dd>

whomovedmychocolate Thu 13-Sep-07 21:02:03

Oh god, don't wake her up! grin

Olihan Thu 13-Sep-07 21:17:01

Nah, don't worry. I --hate you-- don't mind grin.

Olihan Thu 13-Sep-07 21:18:58

Aww, I was only trying out the crossing out thingy too. Duh, you have to do it after every word, don't you?

I hate you don't mind, I'm resigned to it!!

does it work now?

Olihan Thu 13-Sep-07 21:22:04

Done it!

Honestly, it's fine. It's a huge, horrible shock when they start waking a lot earlier than your body clock is used to, whether that's 5am or 8am. It's amazing how quickly you adapt and your ideas about early mornings and lie ins change smile.

fizzbuzz Thu 13-Sep-07 21:36:38

Well, thanks for advice....she has of course woken up 4 times since original posting......

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: