Talk

Advanced search

My son is 2 and wetting the bed a lot!

(3 Posts)
iphammer Fri 03-Apr-20 23:20:45

Hi all,

Last year we (my partner, myself & son) moved home. When we first moved in we decided that we'd have our son sleep in our bed as we were thinking that he might be scared in his own bedroom. After a couple of weeks, we put him to sleep in his bedroom but he kept waking up throughout the night crying so we'd put him in our bed.

Eventually, my partner said that we should let him sleep in our bed for a few weeks, this led to a few months.

Over the past month, we have been putting him to sleep back in he's cotbed but when he wakes up in the morning the bedsheets are wet even though he has a nappy on. When he stays in our bed he doesn't pee right through the nappy.

Could this be a sign of nervs?

Thanks,

Lee

CodenameVillanelle Fri 03-Apr-20 23:29:28

He is probably moving around more when he's in his own bed. Try a different brand or size up.

NaviSprite Sat 04-Apr-20 00:15:57

Agree with Codename - first try sizing up on nappies or trying nappy pants as they work for my DS.

If he has a still night he wakes perfectly dry clothes wise, if he’s rolling about a lot or having a disturbed night (not nightmares or anything, toddlers tend to wake a few times a night and shift about a bit then go back to sleep IME) he will soak through.

If it were nerves or nightmares I’d expect you’d be seeing other behaviour during the day? Is he fighting bedtimes? Taking a long time to settle?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »